Bedrock Flow Webinar with GlobalSpec 2020
Join this webinar to learn the forces driving the change in oil and gas communications and computing, and how control and communications architectures are evolving to help producers and midstream companies take advantage of emerging opportunities to increase security and eliminate cost from their operations.
Traditionally, most oil and gas production sites used a flow computer at the wellhead for measurement and simple control functions, and a PLC at a central facility for more sophisticated control. Operational and measurement data was collected from the well site once an hour and that was good enough.
Some of these flow computers performed quite well in the harsh environments of the field, while others – and most PLCs – did not. No one was thinking about cyber security at the wellhead and if any security was implemented, it was external to the flow computer or PLC.
Over the last ten years, however, the changing oil and gas markets have driven evolution in oil and gas production, much of which is being enabled by a revolution in communications and computing technology. Wellhead measurement and automation will never be the same.
- Learn about the most significant custody transfer challenges that oil and gas companies are facing
- Understand the forces driving the need for integrating open automation with oil & gas custody transfer
- Learn why the automation systems that will take the oil and gas industry into the next decade must be both open and secure
- Discover the difference between built-in and bolt-on cyber security and what it means for reducing costs and improving the effectiveness of custody transfer
- Learn how one oil and gas automation integrator is helping his clients reduce costs and streamline operations by integrating secure flow computing and state of the art process automation, based on open standards