The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
NEWS RELEASE: Bedrock OSA® Control System to Include Intrinsic Anomaly Detection
December 19, 2017
San Jose, Cal. – December 19, 2017 – Bedrock Automation, manufacturer of the world’s first industrial control system with layered and embedded cyber security, has announced its Bedrock® Open Secure Automation (OSA®) firmware will include intrinsic Anomaly Detection (AD). Bedrock OSA® AD will be available as standard integrated functionality that continuously monitors the controller’s network and system time to detect intrusions and anomalous behavior.
“Preventing control system intrusion is fundamental to holistic cyber security. In addition, users need to know when the system security is being challenged. This is the role of anomaly detection. At no additional cost or complexity for the user, Bedrock’s AD delivers additional assurance that no one is tampering with your automation,” said Albert Rooyakkers, Bedrock founder and CEO. Bedrock Anomaly Detection includes the following functionality:
• Dynamic Port Connection Monitoring, which records all attempts to connect any controller or communication point and captures identifying information on the intruder
• Network Port Scanning, which detects if hackers are scanning for open ports that might provide access to the control network
• System Time Monitoring, which detects attempts to manipulate log files to conceal malicious activity
• Cryptographic Controller Engineering Key Lock, which permits only users with valid user credentials to change the configuration and operation mode of the controller and records all access
• Intrusion Event Logging, which records all detected anomalies and reports them to SCADA software through OPC UA and standard database access for historian, alarming, and trending functions. Additionally, a tri-color status LED on the faceplate of Bedrock Controllers provides indication locally whenever an intrusion is detected.
Anomalous behavior detected at the controller level signifies a high likelihood of a cyber security event. Embedding detection into the controller provides advanced cyber defense while reducing complexity and lifecycle cost. Bedrock AD will be standard on all Bedrock systems and is available as a free firmware upgrade to installed systems as part of Cybershield 3.0 in March 2018.
About Bedrock Automation
Bedrock Automation, based in San Jose, California, is the maker of Bedrock®, the world’s most powerful cyber secure automation platform. From Silicon Valley, Bedrock Automation has assembled the latest technologies and talents in both the automation and semiconductor industries to build an unprecedented automation solution for industrial control based on three prime directives: Simplicity, Scalability and Security. The result is a system with a revolutionary electromagnetic backplane architecture and deeply embedded cyber security, which delivers the highest levels of system performance, industrial cyber security and reliability at the lowest cost of ownership.
For more information, contact Bedrock Automation at +1-781-821-0280, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bedrockautomation.com.
June 25, 2020
Bedrock Automation is announcing that the OT cyber security resources developed over the past few months are now available for […]
June 25, 2020
“Trust everyone — but cut the cards,” is essentially the premise of Zero Trust cyber security. Zero Trust assumes that […]