The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
NEWS RELEASE: Bedrock® Cybershield 3.0 Delivers on the Promise of Open Secure Automation (OSA® ) with a Suite of Cyber Defense Tools and Open SCADA Partners
February 12, 2018
San Jose, Calif. – February 12, 2018 – As part of their participation at the ARC Conference, Bedrock Automation has announced the availability of Cybershield 3.0, a major firmware upgrade with advancements that make it easier for end users and developers to build control applications that are both open and secure. Among the six major innovations facilitated by the Cybershield 3.0 upgrade are the first public key infrastructure (PKI) built into an OPC UA server for SCADA applications; an industrial Certificate Authority (CA) for user key management; virtual crypto key locks for the controller; and a Secure Proxy server capability that can protect legacy controls systems of other vendors.
“Cybershield 3.0 is one of the most significant steps forward since the release of our Bedrock OSA platform. We now support leading SCADA companies in integrating their OPC UA client to our open security and key management tools. In addition, we start our march to converge IT cyber detection technologies into real-time OT automation with our integrated Anomaly Detection (AD) tools built into every controller. We are delivering secure SCADA and AD as intrinsic and zero-cost advancements, focused acutely on ease of use and reductions in lifecycle costs,” said Bedrock founder and CEO Albert Rooyakkers.
Bedrock Cybershield 3.0 includes the following capabilities:
1) Secure Open SCADA with OPC UA. The cryptographic keys built into all the Bedrock system electronics, provide the root of trust for the Bedrock Certificate Authority (CA) that verifies the reliability of OPC UA-managed communications between SCADA and PLCs or other industrial control systems.
2) Open Certificate Authority (CA) for SCADA. This advanced SaaS key and certificate management tool is not only FREE to our customers but is simple to deploy with our Secure SCADA Interface Specification. Leading SCADA providers, including Inductive Automation, ICONICS and Tatsoft, are committing to and releasing support to this interface specification.
3) Intrusion detection. Even though the Bedrock control system has protection built into its core, users still need to know when system security is challenged. Cybershield 3.0 comes standard with intrinsic Anomaly Detection (AD) functionality that continuously monitors the controller’s network and system time to detect intrusions and anomalous behavior and report it to both SCADA and enterprise database applications for trending, alarming and historizing anomalous cyber activity.
4) Quickly Secure Legacy Automation with Secure SCADA. Companies can now use Bedrock security to help integrate open standard communications protocols with legacy PLC and DCS systems from other vendors. A Bedrock secure controller module acts as a gateway between SCADA platform workstation and the legacy controllers.
5) Cryptographic key locking. Cybershield 3.0 also includes a cryptographic controller engineering key lock that permits only users with the required credentials to change the mode of the controller.
6) Achilles and EMP compliance on power supplies. Bedrock Automation is certifying its standalone power supply and standalone uninterruptible lithium power supply to both MiL-STD-461-G, the military standard for advanced EMP hardening, and Achilles Level 2 certification, augmenting the EMP and Achilles certification achieved for its control system modules last year.
“Today’s increasingly connected environment drives the process industries to search for automation solutions that deliver the benefits of open communications with ‘baked in’ cybersecurity. By extending its secure automation technology to third-party software providers, Bedrock Automation addresses this key pain point of future automation requirements. ARC believes the intrinsic and no-cost approach of Bedrock’s cybersecurity strategy is the quintessential component missing in control systems, today,” writes ARC analyst Mark Sen Gupta in his recent report, Bedrock Automation’s Open Secure Automation a “Win” with End Users
Cybershield 3.0 will be standard on all Bedrock control systems starting in Q2 of 2018 and will also be made available to current Bedrock users as a free upgrade.
About Bedrock Automation
Bedrock Automation, based in San Jose, California, is the maker of Bedrock®, the world’s most powerful cyber secure open automation platform. From Silicon Valley, Bedrock Automation has assembled the latest technologies and talents in both the automation and semiconductor industries to build an unprecedented automation solution for industrial control based on three prime directives: Simplicity, Scalability and Security. The result is an open yet secure system with a revolutionary electromagnetic backplane architecture and deeply embedded cyber security, which delivers the highest levels of system performance, industrial cyber security, and reliability at the lowest cost of ownership.
For more information, contact Bedrock Automation at +1-781-821-0280, send an email to email@example.com, or visit www.bedrockautomation.com.
NEWS RELEASE: Bedrock Open Secure Automation OSA® Remote Controller Wins Design News Golden Mousetrap Innovation Award
April 30, 2019
San Jose, California – February 13, 2019 – Bedrock Automation announced today that the editors of Design News have recognized […]
NEWS RELEASE: New OSA® Advancements from Bedrock Automation Protect Legacy Systems, Support MQTT, and Enable Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
February 4, 2019
San Jose, Calif. – February 4, 2019 – Bedrock Automation, the world leader in Open Secure Automation (OSA®), has announced […]