The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
Lessons From The Ukraine Electric Grid Hack
March 15, 2016
This is a good read to get a technical understanding of the Ukraine cyber attack. Investigators have figured out all the details…
Some key items:
- The attackers installed custom firmware on the Serial to Ethernet devices to “brick” them, rendering them inoperable so the operators could not communicate to the sub-stations.
- The UPS were shut off by the attackers. The attackers used a command line interface on an embedded web browser. The header of the pertinent section of the article aptly states “Uninterruptible power supplies need protection, too”
- “KillDisk” virus was used to wipe master boot records of the systems they hacked as well as to delete some logs.
What’s interesting about this attack (and must have many experts worried) is that they went after a lot of pieces of the ICS, not just the controller. It shows that Bedrock’s strategy of securing all pieces of our system is right. We’ve been asked: Why does the UPS and power supply need all this high tech security? The answer: It keeps your lights on!
September 28, 2020
“Government intelligence confirms the water and wastewater sector is under a direct threat as part of a foreign government’s multistage […]
August 27, 2020
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) have urged critical infrastructure facilities to take […]