The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
Bedrock Automation – July Newsletter 2020
July 31, 2020
July highlights, industry news, and happenings from Bedrock Automation.
This issue features:
- Surviving and thriving with $30 oil: Falling oil and gas prices, driven by reduced travel, decarbonization, increasing renewables and other factors, are changing the whole profitability matrix for oil & gas. Cost-cutting is the primary focus, but will that be enough to put the industry on life-support until things pick up or are the low prices the new normal?
- Limited scalability of Bolt-on OT network cyber security threatens ROI: Because most process automation systems were designed before cyber security was an issue, protecting them requires bolting costly firewalls, intrusion detecting and other capabilities onto the control network. But what happens when the network grows … can they still do the job? One expert doubts it.
- Driving costs out of upstream Oil & Gas operations with Open Secure Automation: A recent study from Rystad Energy Group estimates that automation and digitalization can save upstream operators $100 billion in the 2020s, which represents about 10 percent of their 2018 spend. Open Secure Automation contributes to such savings in many ways.
Read more in the Bedrock July 2020 Newsletter.