The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
ICS and Supply Chain Security Gaining National Attention
June 27, 2019
On the heels of its recent delineation of key components of the critical infrastructure, the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is intensifying its emphasis and spending on both cyber security and supply chain integrity.
In its May 24, 2019 coverage of CISA Director Christopher Krebs’ recent remarks at the Georgetown University Cybersecurity Law summit, Inside Cybersecurity news service reported that Krebs identified supply chain and industrial control system security as two “pathfinder” initiatives that will receive top priority in the coming years.
Among the strategy he proposed to address supply chain security is a three-pronged approach “for determining the threat from a supplier,” based on a “bonding operational directive” that the DHS issued last year, with broad political support. That political support probably contributed to Krebs getting more budget than requested, as another source, FCW, reported.
“The bill allocates approximately $2 billion for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, a $335 million bump from last year and $408 million above what was requested in the president’s budget. Lawmakers in both parties have expressed support over the past year for the idea of providing CISA with more resources to carry out its cybersecurity mission.”
- For more information about how Bedrock Automation virtually eliminates supply chain risk, see How Locally-Sourced, Intrinsically Secure Components Reduce Supply Chain Risk
- For more information on how supply chain security is rising in the automation industry see: Supply Chains Under Attack
June 25, 2020
Bedrock Automation is announcing that the OT cyber security resources developed over the past few months are now available for […]
June 25, 2020
“Trust everyone — but cut the cards,” is essentially the premise of Zero Trust cyber security. Zero Trust assumes that […]