The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
What are the benefits of “no-active electronic” backplane and why?
March 10, 2020 | Kate Pinckney
The Backplane Magnetic Interconnect (BMI) is Bedrock’s passive backplane, which provides mechanical support and electrical connection for the controller, SPM, and SIO modules. Any combination of SIO modules can be installed in slots 1 through 5, 10, or 20 (depending on the model). The orientation of the SIO modules does not matter and modules can be flipped to make wiring easier. However, the slots/orientation for the controllers and power modules are fixed.