The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
Bedrock Secure Power Supply Wins 2016 Breakthrough Product Award from Processing Magazine
December 21, 2016 | Robert Bergman
San Jose, Calif. – December 20, 2016 – Processing magazine has named Bedrock Automation’s SPS.500 Power Supply as a Breakthrough Product of 2016. Processing recognized the new product for its unique design that embeds cyber security and Ethernet connectivity into a high performance, high endurance control system power supply.
“Power supplies are among the most failure prone components of a process control system and can also be vulnerable to cyber attack. The Bedrock SPS.500 power supply impressed us, not only in its design, but also in that it appears to be the only product addressing this space,” said Lori Ditoro, Processing magazine Editor-in-Chief.
Bedrock Automation has designed the SPS.500 power supply to be the most secure, intelligent and longest lasting standalone ICS power solution available today. It makes the power supply a viable participant in the industrial internet of things (IIoT) by providing the following features not typically found in power supplies today:
- Intrinsic cyber security protection
- Ethernet and OPC/UA communications, enabling local or remote monitoring of power supply health
- A powerful cyber secure microprocessor and onboard memory for diagnostics and software-defined functionality
- An embedded redundancy module, which simplifies installation and increases reliability
- Two built-in, software-configurable Form C contact relays, for operating and diagnostic status
“When we set out to design our Bedrock® control system, we started from a clean sheet of paper, and built simplicity, scalability and security in from the ground up. We extended this principal beyond the controller itself to the engineering environment and I/O as well as the power supply. Our engineering teams are devoted to delivering the most complete cyber security protection possible, and recognition of this effort by Processing magazine is truly gratifying for us all,” said Albert Rooyakkers, Bedrock Founder, CTO and engineering VP.
Processing magazine’s more than 70,000 subscribers are engineers, plant-operators and managers, in the worldwide process industries, including the chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries. They instituted the Breakthrough Product awards to recognize each year’s most promising equipment, devices and other solutions for improving industrial productivity and sustaining infrastructure in process operations.