The world's most capable, rugged and secure
industrial control system...
Introducing Bedrock OSA® Remote
- Intrinsically-secure PLC and RTU control
- 10 or 20 channels of universal I/O
- Free IEC 61131-3 engineering software
- -40ºC to +80ºC temperature range
- Rugged, all-metal case 5.4 in x 8.9 in x 2.3 in
20-Channel Discrete Output Module from Bedrock Automation Enables Secure, Software-Selectable Electronic Fusing, Latching and Fail-safe Shutdown
February 1, 2017
San Jose, Cal. – January 31, 2017 – Bedrock Automation, maker of the world’s first Open Secure Automation (OSA®) platform has set another benchmark in I/O price/performance with the release of a cyber secure 20-channel discrete output (DO) module for its Bedrock® OSA® system. The new SIO8.20 DO enables software selectable electronic fusing, latching and fail-safe shutdown for each 24 VDC output at 1 A max current per channel. It provides galvanically-isolated output switching in a rugged, all-metal enclosure, and one of the smallest footprints in the industry. Delivering programmable electrical capability within the cyber secure Bedrock control platform reduces the cost, maintenance and vulnerability of external electrical connectors.
Where electrical and electronic technologies converge
The SIO8.20 is designed with Bedrock’s patented Black Fabric® Cybershield protection built in from the start. Its combination of capabilities and benefits are unprecedented against typical DCS or PLC offerings, including:
- Reduced Footprint, via 20 galvanically-isolated DO channels delivering one of the highest possible density of channels per inch for optimization of rack space.
- Programmable Electronic Fusing. Each of its 20 channels are electronically fused to a programmable threshold up to 1 amp per channel.
- Overcurrent Retry, which enables programming a channel to latch off and retry during
- Failsafe Output, which protects the module if communication with the controller fails, directing output to a configured fail-safe value or holding it at last known value.
- Extreme Hardening and Long Life, thanks to a pinless backplane Interconnection and sealed all-metal construction, protecting against extreme temperature EMI and EMP in compliance with the highest military standards.
- Scalable Redundancy, with user-selectable single/dual/triple redundancy.
- Extreme Digital Performance, with a 32bit Secure ARM and an additional microcontroller on each of the 20 DO channels, to deliver unparalleled speed and diagnostics.
- Integrated Support of IEEE 1588 time precision protocol enables SOE synchronization with +/- 0.5mSec accuracy on all channels.
Control application developers can integrate all such features for discrete, hybrid and continuous control applications using the Bedrock IEC 61131-3 compatible engineering environment, which can be downloaded free at bedrockautomation.com.
“Adding a secure 20-channel DO module is part of Bedrock’s mission to deliver lower cost comprehensive automation at the highest performance and flexibility with intrinsic cyber defense. The SIO8-20 DO module complements our other high-density AI and DI to deliver on PLC or DCS applications with up to 400 I/O per rack and thousands of I/O per cabinet”, says Bedrock Automation founder, CTO, and Engineering VP Albert Rooyakkers.
The Bedrock platform
The Bedrock OSA® platform is a comprehensive automation solution for modern times. Incorporating advanced intrinsic security and extreme performance into an open standards-based architecture delivers the best value to process owners and operators. Each SIO8.20 occupies a single position on the patented Bedrock electromagnetic backplane, (BMI). The pin-less 4Gbit BMI supports advanced controller, power supply and I/O Modules with scalable single/dual/triple I/O redundancy.
Comprehensive software programmable I/O offering
Over the past year Bedrock Automation has introduced a secure universal I/O module with 10 software-configured channels of field input/output for analog, discrete or pulse sensors, and field actuators; a secure Ethernet I/O module with five software configured Ethernet I/O channels; and a secure configured serial five channel I/O module that brings printers, plotters and a wide range of legacy industrial devices into the realm of secure industrial control.
NEWS RELEASE: Bedrock Automation Demonstrates End-to-End SCADA Security at 2018 Ignition Community Conference
September 16, 2018
FOLSOM, CAL. – Sept. 17, 2018 – At this year’s Inductive Automation Ignition Community Conference (ICC), Bedrock Automation is demonstrating commercially available […]
September 9, 2018
Traditional SCADA systems on which many pipeline operators rely for operational control are vulnerable in at least three main areas: […]
September 9, 2018
With our SCADA solutions partner, Induction Automation, Bedrock Automation recently presented the webinar that focused on how industrial organizations decrease their security […]